SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Leaves (and golfball-sized nuts) are falling!

September 30, 2019

Привет!

Fall has arrived in full force in Ukraine! The leaves are falling from the trees and unfortunately, also golfball-sized nuts. We have not been hit, but there have been some close calls already. The women have pulled out their fur coats and I LOVE IT! My favorite fall look has been from the woman in the metro who had a red leather jacket and a skinned fox stapled to each shoulder.

We visited a Buddist Temple today.

We had a week full of lessons with both our old friends and new. It is pretty incredible how quick relationships can be formed and how much you can love people only after a couple of weeks of knowing them! We have been continuing our new member lessons with Hastea and I am AMAZED at what she understands and how she applies the gospel in her life. She even went contacting on the street with us yesterday! On Friday, we met with three of our investigators. Each told us how they feel something special when they are with us. My heart was bursting! I love the people here so much. And I especially love the message that we are sharing. I am so grateful for the opportunity to help our friends recognize that the feeling of love and warmth that they feel is from the Spirit!

The language is coming, slowly, but surely! I am understanding the basics of conversations and have a newfound sense of gratitude for people on the street who have the patience to talk to me and attempt to understand me. Here is a Russian language fun fact! The word for "to meet" and "to date" is the same. We use this word when we are setting up lessons with our friends, but I had no idea that it also meant "to date". I learned this a couple of days ago when a woman started setting her son and I up on a date. I agreed and was excited because I thought that she wanted us to teach him the gospel... Luckily, my companion stepped in and cleared everything up. Thanks, Sister Maisey!

I also taught our English class how to "dab". Exciting stuff!

I love you all! Thank you for your constant love and support. These four months have flown by and I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. Write me!

Love, Sister Merrill


Sister Maisey and I!


Temple trip with our recent convert friend! It was her first time<3


Cherkasy! All the sidewalks look like this.


Kiev West Zone


бесплатная книга!!!!

Post a Comment