SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, November 4, 2019

И-Ха! (Hee Haw!)

October 7, 2019

Привет friends!

I love you all and hope that you had a great week! I also hope that you are all keeping warm... It started to snow here today! Thank you so much for your love and support

Here are some highlights from the week: 

- Playing Бенг (Bang: a Wild West themed card game) for our game night on Saturday.  I think that I have mastered the cowboy accent in Russian...Everyone that we were playing with got very competitive and it reminded me of playing the game at home with my brothers. Except at home I didn't need to use google translate to understand each card. But now I know how to say a whole lot of cowboy words! 


- We had exchanges in Cherkasy! During exchanges we switch companions for a day. Sister Daines and I spent the day contacting and teaching. We met with a sweet woman who started off our lesson with a 25 minute long prayer. We were shocked, but impressed at her sincerity and reliance on the Lord. 

- (Not a highlight) We food poisoned ourselves with our tacos we made:-(

- While we were waiting for our interviews at our President's house, we watched the movie, "The Saratov Approach". It is basically a story about a pair of missionaries who get kidnapped in Russia. They filmed the movie in Ukraine so it was cool to see the different scenes and knowing exactly where they were filmed... It was also neat to understand the Russian that they were speaking in the film! 

-My favorite part of the week was meeting with our friend, Galina. She has already read half of the Book of Mormon and loves to tell us all about her studies. Attending church is difficult for her because her husband is extremely sick and he needs consistent care. During our lesson with her, she repeatedly referred to the church as "our church". So precious!! I love seeing how the Gospel completely changes and blesses lives.

Mission life is hard. I often miss my family (and peanut butter) and everyday my companion and I face rejection after rejection on the streets. But I know that this is all worth it because the message that we are sharing is true. It is the only way to experience true joy in this life, and the life to come. I love being a missionary! I love Ukraine! And most importantly, I love Christ! 

Thank you all!
Love, 
Sister Merrill

1. Beach Selfie!
 2. On the streets



 3. We Love Buba! (Our fav Georgian restaurant)



4. A man gave me his book of poems. The title of it is literally "Poems and Pigeon". Just one Pigeon.



5. Girl Gang!



6. (above) Exchange Sisters Gang!


Post a Comment