SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Visits From Apostles and The Bird That Ruined My Day

June 26, 2019

Hey Everyone!

I hope you have all had a great week!
Mine started started off a bit rough...a bird pooped on me, I cried in class, and my teacher roasted us... But it ended so great!

This weekend, all of the new mission presidents came to the MTC for training. It was so fun having them here. During class, we could sometimes see apostles walking around! Apostles are ordained leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  We would just lookout the window & Elder Uchtdorf would be taking a stroll around the courtyard... So cool! I saw so many familiar faces including my Aunt Deb and Uncle Allen! It was so fun to see them:)

An additional reason why I loved having the mission presidents here was because we were fed the BEST food. I had never been so excited to see Chick fil a and Taco Bell. Loved the royal treatment. 

Sunday was my favorite day at the MTC so far. During church, they asked two missionaries to speak right after we took the sacrament. So we all had to be prepared with a talk. Luckily, I had prepared one the night before about Agency so I was ready... And guess who was picked! ME haha. I gave my five minute talk all in Russian! I accidentally read the wrong verse during it which was embarrassing. Instead of reading the scripture about how great agency is, I accidentally read the verse before it which is about our parents transgressions but it's okay no one noticed. It was a great experience and a confidence boost. It’s pretty amazing how much we have learned these past couple weeks. 

The devotional that night was pretty incredible. All 12 of the apostles attended! I was in the choir and we got to sing “Sweet Hour of Prayer” which was really special. Elder Holland spoke and it was a really powerful message. It was on the importance of understanding the atonement. It changed my whole perspective on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 

Tuesday was really fantastic...My comp and I had a lesson that we had literally NO time to prepare for. But we prepared as much as we could. It was on Christ's Earthly Ministry, the Apostasy, and Restoration. During the lesson the spirit was SO strong! I was just so happy as I was bearing my testimony on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the importance of the Prophet Joseph Smith. I also learned how powerful Jospeh Smith’s "First Vision" is. I had memorized it before and as I was telling it to Егор (our friend we teach) I don't even know how to describe it it was the best feeling. Anyways.. afterwards, my teacher told us that it was the best Restoration lesson that he has ever hear from his teaching. Woohoo!

I love you all! Write me!
Love,
Сестра мэрэл

Uncle Allen, Aunt Deborah, Rachel and I

Love her!

Post a Comment