SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 26, 2019

My Accidental, Profanity-Filled Lesson

August 12, 2019

Hello Friends!

This week has been filled with so many great experiences. We had the oppurtunity to visit with many investigators and members of the church. I love the people here so much. They are so kind and open. Sometimes a bit too open for comfort. One day this week, we knocked on a door and were greeted by a half naked бабушка. Fun times!

I also recieved my luggage this last week which has been really awesome! It was lost between my flight between Amsterdam and Kiev. It feels nice not to have to wear the same dress every day:) 

We had the BEST Georgian food today!

I am so grateful for the oppurtunity to be learning Russian. The language is beautiful and so neat! I has been hard not being able to understand most conversations but I know that through hardwork and help from the Lord, I will eventually be able to understand;)

Funny story! One of our friends wanted to have a 30-30 lesson with us. During these lessons, we practice English for 30 minutes and then give a spiritual thought for 30 minutes. As we were practicing English with her, there were a part of what she said that didn't understand entirely so I said what I thought that she said in English. Apperantly, those two words that I said sound exactly like the Russian word equivilent to the F word in English. My companion and our friend were shoked and they just stared at me. After, they explained what I had said, I was embarassed but grateful that I now know what not to say!

I have loved being able to visit with members of the branch. We visited a man and his granddaughter in a small village outside of Cherkassy. They live in very humble circumstances but were so generous and fed us the best watermelon I have ever had! The man sang us a song that he wrote for his wife who and passed away a short time ago. It was so beautiful and we were all in tears by the end of it. 

We also had the oppurtunity to visit with our friend настя who will be baptized on the 24th. Woohoo! She told us that she had been hit by car that day but that she realizes that even when we are living righteously

, we will still have trials. It is so true! I know that through our trials, we can rely on the Lord and he will comfort us and help us feel peace. I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and that when we have trials, we can find peace in the Savior because he knows exactly how we feel. 

I love you all! Thank you for the love and support!


настя and I partying at game night!
We had the BEST Georgian food today!


My pal Alla and I posing on the streets of Cherkassy

Post a Comment