SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 26, 2019

A Бабушка Ping Pong Battle

This was a positive letter was written after a tearful phone call where Maddie explained she had been 7 days without her luggage.  A rough start, but she did an amazing job of making everything work!  Her luggage showed up later that night and I don't think she missed a beat.  (she just really missed her clothes!!)

August 5, 2019


Сестра гончар and I!


Greetings from Ukraine!

It's the real deal! Last Tuesday, I arrived in Kyiv and started this exciting adventure. I have been asigned to serve in Cherkassy. A city about four hours south of Kyiv. It is awesome! The people here are kind, loving, and brutally honest. My Russian has been roasted multiple times. But I appriciate the help;)

It has been pretty difficult to understand the people here. But every day I feel like I am understanding more:-) It's hard not being able to commumicate as well as I could in English. This week, I have learned how to make people feel loved through smiles and simple compliments:)

My companion is AWESOME! Her name is сестра гонар. She is from Moldova and is so kind. We met with some great friends this week. One of our friends is настя!  She is 14 and will be baptized on the 24th. She is so excited and counts down the days. 

We have an English practice class twice a week and it is so fun! They asked me to share a funny story in English so I shared the story of my famlies former evil llama, Carl. They loved it! Thanks Carl!

At our English class game night, a бабушка (grandma) challanged me to a ping pong battle. It was very intense and she was victorious. I need to work on my ping pong skills:) 

I am so grateful for the oppurtunity to serve in Cherkassy. I love the people here, their spirits, and incredible style (seriously, everyone dresses so well!). I love seeing the effects that the Book of Mormon has on our friends' lives. The Book of Mormon is so true and is a source of light and joy. 

I love all! Write me!
Сесрта меррил

Post a Comment