SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 26, 2019

Trips to Kiev and a Baptism

August 26, 2019

Hello Everyone!

These past weeks have been busy but really exciting! We have spent a lot of time in Kiev for our Zone Conference and Mid-Transfer Training. (4 hour bus/train ride) I also had the opportunity to go to the temple! It was absolutely gorgeous and I am so grateful to have a temple so close. 

Beautiful Churches in Kiev!

We also spent a day in center Kiev, walking around and seeing all of the churches and monuments. It was incredible to be in a place that I had read and learned so much about. There was a large monument where people came to pay their respects to the people who died in the 2014 Ukrainian Revolution. Ukraine has such a rich history and I am grateful for the opportunity to learn more about it and understand the people's background and culture here.

Funny thing, the streets were full of monkeys, hedgehogs, and ponies. Not kidding! People just bring their ponies and monkeys on the streets and people pay to take pictures with them. The hedgehogs were wild and hanging out in the grassy areas. I love Ukraine!

This week we had the opportunity to visit many members in their homes. Many of the members live in villages outside of Cherkassy so we take a small bus there. The villages are so beautiful! They have cobblestone roads and are surrounded by fields of sunflowers. Many of the members live over an hour away from the city. Their dedication to attend church and help others in the branch while living so far away is really inspiring and I am grateful for their diligence. The members love to feed the missionaries here. This week I have had tried many exciting Ukrainian meals but Borscht still remains the favorite:)

настя and us after her baptism!

The highlight of the week was настя's baptism! It was such a special experience. She was glowing the during the whole meeting. She bore her testimony and although I couldn't understand most of it, I could feel her love for the gospel and her understanding of the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. After she was baptized, we were helping her get ready and she kept saying "I feel so happy!". I know that when we are baptized, we are cleansed from sin and can feel of the strength and peace that comes from the willingness to follow Christ's example. The Atonement of Jesus Christ brings true happiness! 

 Everyday, I have the opportunity to share the true message that "Christ lives and through Him, we can have joy" with everyone I meet.  I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I love being a missionary!

I love you all!
Sister Merrill

Kristina and her fun (but a little bit loud) addition to Sacrament meeting:)


 Pre-baptism:)


The Independence Monument


Post a Comment