SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, December 9, 2019

2 Weeks In 1

December 2 & 9, 2019

December 2, 2019

Hello Everyone!

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I got to celebrate with my zone. It was a blast! We wore our Vishivankas and ate a great meal. Thanks senior couples! As for our Thanksgiving night... we decorated the Christmas tree and picked lice out of a sister's hair. #missionlife! 

This week has been filled with fun adventures! We spent the week going on exchanges, and visiting people that we love because my companion, Sister Garner, is leaving for home today. It is a bittersweet day but I am so excited for her:)

We visited a super cute town outside of Kiev, called Billa Tserkva, for exchanges. I was able to help a man understand the difference between the movies "Frozen" and "Everest".He was convinced that the movie, "Frozen" was about people freezing on top of a mountain. 

There, we also met with our darling babushka friend, Larissa! She has major leg deformities and sits in bed all day, everyday. She was so happy to see us and we could feel her love for Christ and His gospel through her testimony and sincerity. We listen to a talk from our living prophet, Russel M Nelson. Afterwards, she told us that she had been praying for a way to hear our prophets' words. She cannot see very well and could not read the talks that she had at her house and she also had no access to listen to them on her phone. Larissa was so grateful that we came and she told us that we were an answer to her prayers. <3 I am so grateful for the faithful, dedicated members of the church here in Ukraine.
Also our friend, Olena, painted me a picture! It is absolutely beautiful.

Thank you for all of your emails and support! I love you all so much. 

Love,
Sister Merrill



December 9, 2019

Hello!

The holidays are in full swing here in Ukraine! Actually, not entirely... Here in Ukraine, everyone celebrates Christmas on January 7th. And New Years is a BIG deal. I am so excited for all the festivities to begin:) Fun Fact: the song, "Carol of the Bells" was composed by a Ukrainian! Everyone absolutely adores this song. The ward has asked us to sing it after church for everyone (In Ukrainian)... Wish us luck;)

This past week was really interesting! Here are some highlights and lowlights!

  •  We ended our P day with a passport search all over Kiev for a sister. We think that it was stolen:( 
  • I got a new companion! Her name is Sister Olsen and she is incredible! She used to do debate and she can read out loud insanely fast.
  • I was able to go on an exchange with my MTC companion, Sister Melendez! We taught a lesson together and it reminded me of when we were in the MTC. In our lessons in the MTC, we needed everything that were going to say written down in both English and in Russian. It was so cool to see how much we have grown since then! No English/Russian notes now:)
  • I got really sick this week:( We had to cancel lessons and I was absolutely blown away at our investigators' care and concern for my health! Everyone insisted that I would be healed by drinking raspberry tea:)
I am so grateful for our Savior who loves and knows us individually. He knows when we are sad, stressed and even when we are feeling sick. He also knows how to comfort us! We just need to turn to Him. I am grateful for this Christmas season. I love you all!

Sister Merrill









1. President Kumferman, Sister Garner, and I celebrating Thanksgiving The district and pizza:) We have Dominos here in Ukraine!
2. Olena and I <3
3. The district and pizza:) We have Dominos here in Ukraine!
4.Dropping by our investigator's home to spread Thanksgiving cheer 
5. Lice shampoo and Christmas festivities

Post a Comment