SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Привет:)

January 13, 2020

Hello Everyone!

I cannot believe that it is already 2020! I am so grateful for all the experiences that I have had this past year. I am grateful for the growth that I have experienced and will experience this next year! Here's to 2020:)

Here are some things that I am grateful for from this past year:

At the Opera House
- I am grateful for the relationships that I have developed with the people here. I love the people here with my whole heart. I am grateful for the taxi driver who lugged my insanely heavy suitcases up three flights of stairs, the little girl who gave me a piece of candy as we caroled in the metro, and the babyshka who gave me her watch after I told her that it was beautiful. They are the most faithful, dedicated, and loyal friends and I am grateful for their examples. 

- This year I have truly felt the joy that comes from forgetting yourself and serving others! Every day, we focus all of our efforts on helping people come unto Christ and find true peace and everlasting joy. We have also had the opportunity to participate in some service projects. On Monday, we visited a home for older people who were involved in art, dance, and music in the Soviet era. We met and talked with these people who felt completely forgotten. They were actually very well known back then but now, they sit all day in a home and they receive no visits. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have brightened their days and listen to their incredible stories. 

- During these past seven months, I have served with six different companions. Each of them taught me so much and I am so grateful for their examples of true discipleship! For the past couple of weeks, I have been serving in a trio with Sister Kekina and Sister Olson. It has been an absolutely amazing experience helping Sister Kekina start her mission:) She is off to Cherkasy (the city that I started my mission in) and I am so excited for her! She will do amazing things. I will be staying in Borsch with Sister Olson:) We are excited for this next transfer!

The District at the Opera House

- I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have had to embrace Ukraine and call it my home:) This past week my district and I watched the Nutcracker ballet in the Ukraine opera house. It was beautiful! 

And here are some things that I am looking forward to this upcoming year:

- Nazar and Valentina are going to be baptized! We had an incredible lesson where they bore beautiful testimonies and decided to be baptized. Soon, they will become members of the church! I am so excited for them and their decision to follow the example of Jesus Christ.

- I am excited to drink more juice. I don't think that I have ever mentioned how amazing the juice is here! It comes in a box and is just incredible.

- Thanks to Sister Kekina (My native companion), I have learned SO many new Russian words and have had the opportunity to practice all day every day:) It is such a beautiful language and I am so excited to continue to improve my language skills so that I can be a better teacher and friend this next year:)
New Year's Party with our Friends From Nigeria

I love my mission and I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to spend the next year here, in Ukraine. I am especially excited to continue to develop my relationship with my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and loves each one of us. It is only through Him that we can have everlasting happiness! Because Christ suffered for our sins, we have the opportunity to continue to progress and become more like Him. 

I love you all! Thank you for your love and support<3

Love, 
Sister Merrill

A Train in the Forest 

Kate and I
Our District With a Shovel
Sister Kekina and I



Post a Comment