SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 26, 2019

Last Week at the MTC!

July 24, 2019
Thank you for the flowers!
Hello everyone! 

I hope that you all had a great week! This week has been full of lasts because in five days I will be headed to Ukraine! I am so excited and ready. The MTC has been an absolute blast but I feel ready and excited to love the people of Ukraine!

I got my fight plans! On Monday morning at 8:00, I will say goodbye to my district and head to the airport. I love my district so much so leaving them will be so hard but I know that they will all do great things in Russia and Ukraine! We have a flight to Amsterdam and then to Ukraine. Woohoo!

On Monday, we had or last online TRC and it was SO GOOD! We taught a бабушка and she was so funny and nice. We met her granddaughter and I finally felt ready to meet the people of Ukraine after it. 

My companion and I teaching our Ukrainian friend

Yesterday we had a real good lesson with our teacher. We came planned with a whole different lesson about enduring to the end but then the lesson completely changed because our friend told us that he didn't want to get baptized because his mom would be upset. It was so neat to be able to recognize the Spirit prompt my companion to share a story about her conversion and me to share a scripture on the spot. After we finished our response, our teacher stopped the whole lesson to give us each a handshake and kept saying "отличный" (awesome). Anyway, it was a great lesson to end with.

Some fun things that happened:
- I got in trouble for diving in volleyball... again.
- Apparently my hand shake was really horrible so my whole zone has a joke about the "Sister Merrill handshake". But I have changed

my ways and now my handshake is better than ever:)
-I received my Russian missionary tag! It looks like сестра меррил.  


I love the gospel and the opportunity I have to share the message of hope, love, and peace. I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can live with our families forever. I know that God loves each of us individually and that when we turn to him, he will help us through all of our trials and pains. 

Post-class selfies!
I have loved the MTC and the people I have met here. There really is no place like it. I will cherish the memories that I have made and the lessons I have learned here. 

I love you all! Thank you for your love and support!



Post a Comment