SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 26, 2019

MTC Grind

Maddie ended up cleaning the temple and didn't save enough time to send a group letter this week, so I thought I'd include her quick note to her family she sent earlier that morning.  

July 17, 2019

Hello Family! 


Some Sisters in my zone
I hope that you had a great week! The California trip looked like a blast and Dad, I hope that you had a weekend full of documentaries and relaxing. Evan, thank you for the Area 51 memes. I shared them with everyone and instantly became the most hilarious (and attractive) person at the MTC. ;-)

This week has been extremely uneventful. Sorry I don't have anything too crazy and wild to report on. We will receive our flight plans on Friday! So crazy. I also received an email telling me that I will be staying in a hotel the first night in Ukraine so Woohoo! 

We taught a few lessons this week and they all went really well! We taught a man from Estonia via Skype which was neat. We taught a really neat lesson to our teacher/investigator, Egor, and he agreed to be baptized haha. 

Mom, thank you for sharing your favorite scripture with me, 3 Nephi 13:33, some time ago. It was really useful in a lesson that I had with an "Investigator" (teacher) who announced that his wife lost her job and that they were going through hard times. I also used verses 31 and 32. They flow quite nicely. It states, 

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But aseek ye first the bkingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.
I know that God knows what trials we are facing an that when we turn to Him, we will receive comfort and guidance. The gospel is so beautiful and I am so grateful for our gospel centered home.

MISSION BLESSING: I just checked my grades and I received a B IN CALCULUS!!! That was a close one! Anyway, that was stressing me out so now I am happy and chillin. 

I can't find my dark clothes so pray for me. I am hoping that someone didn't steal them. 

Mom and Dad, I have time to chat sometime between 8:30 and 11:00 but then we are cleaning the temple for FOUR hours. It's so long but I'm excited!
I love you all so much. I got really trunky when we were talking about how we spent our Sabbath days at home. I miss you all so much but I love the mission and I know that I am supposed to be here.

Read your scriptures and say your prayers!

Sister Merrill



Sister Curtis and I

We received an "All Commendable" for our room!  It's the little things!

Post a Comment